Upon arrival at the SRS boathouse
- Enter the date, your name, and the boat you are rowing, along with your departure and expected return times, into the log book hanging from the SRS locker. This is a safety requirement.
- Retrieve a pair of oars and transport them with blades in front of you to the dock area. You may place them in the oar tree or in the center of the dock if it is not crowded.
- Check the nuts and bolts of the shell you have reserved to ensure they are all tightened prior to removing the shell from the rack. If you find any issues you cannot correct, place a "do not row" sign on the shell and inform Kathy W, or Shari.
- Remove the shell and transport it to the dock. Check the tracks to be sure they are free of dirt or grit. Splash a little water in them if you need to clean them out. Check any hardware you could not reach earlier for tightness.
- Sandy Run Scullers has 4 sets of pontoons which can be added to the rec singles and racing singles. These are very useful for Learn to Scull classes, in addition to rowing in cold and/or windy weather.